08 February 2008

fast friday

So today has disappeared like a fart in a whirlwind and I really shouldn't be using time to write this post, but I wanted to, so hey...

Just wanted to start posting my daily projects (as I pretty much have a different one every single day).

Here's the first thing that I spent a significant amount of my morning doing was cleaning out my baker's rack. Ugh... what a mess. It's been my catch-all point for about the past year and a half. I also cut out a ton of paper hearts to stick up on the front door as well as the kitchen window. I made a V-day decoration for Scotty's jump-a-roo, but he seemed none too impressed. Ah well... that's a man for, ya.

Yaaaaaaay! I finally put together the highchair. Haven't tried it out yet... he may still slump to one side, but I guess that's what the fancy-shmancy 5-point harness system is for. My little baby all grown up and strappin' in like a race car driver. Yeehaw!

The trashy looking boxes you can see in the edge of the picture there are part of my stockpile of shipping materials for my newfound love of eBay selling. That's right... when you can't find any other place, just stack it up in the kitchen floor (or entrance hall, or office floor, or on the kitchen table, or right inside the bedroom door, etc.).

Just as a side note here (because I'm particularly overjoyed with it), I also FINALLY made myself a designated stitching basket. And just as another bit of a rave... the brand "I Love This Yarn"... well, I love it. "So, it's not just a clever name..."

And here's my latest longer(ish)-term project. This is a scarf that I started at the beginning of the week. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it, but it's about 3 feet long (I think) so far. My grandmother is actually using the same pattern (and the same color thread, I might add), but she left for a cruise this past Saturday, so I STOLE it from her. HA! That's what she gets for going somewhere tropical in February while the rest of us are wanting to hang ourselves by our underwear rather than endure a whole 29 days of gray blah-ness. No, really... today is very pretty and rather un-February like.

...but I'm still jealous.

Anyway, here's the pattern instructions. It's got a lot of stuff about the gauge and all that on there, but I didn't pay attention to it in the beginning and mine is turning out fine regardless.

Size 7.00 mm (K) crochet hook

With crochet hook ch 22. Dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across - 21 dc's (turning ch-3 counts as 1 dc). Turn.

FOUNDATION ROW: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), work 1 dc in next 2 dc's, skip 3 dc's, * work (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) all in next dc, skip 3 dc's, rep from * across, end work 1 dc in next 2 dc's and 1 dc in top of ch-3. Turn.

NEXT ROW: Ch 3, work 1 dc in next 2 dc's, * ch 3, work 1 sc in next ch-2 space, rep from * across, end ch 3, work 1 dc in next 2 dc's, 1 dc in top of ch-3. Turn.

FOLLOWING ROW: Ch 3, work 1 dc in each dc and ch across - 21 dc's counting turning ch-3. Fasten off.

---

Like I said, I just swiped this pattern from my grandmother, so I don't know who to give credit to. Neither of us created the pattern, but I know somebody out there did. If you see this and recognize it as yours, please let me know so I can give you credit! I think it's gorgeous and had to share it!

(i. e., please don't sue me...)

That's all folks!

Happy Friday!

0 comments: